WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
THE ROLE: Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through meticulous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new alphas. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant is seeking an exceptional individual to join the firm as a Quantitative Researcher. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets.
ITS IMPACT: As we pursue our goal of creating new alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. WorldQuant’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our steadfast pursuit to succeed.
What we offer:
- Multifaceted work without routine in a leading international company;
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years, based upon performance;
- Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and annual salary increases;
- Healthy work-life balance support (flexible start of working day, parental leave, sabbatical after 5 years of service etc);
- Possibility for business trips (US and other countries);
- Regular team building, competitions and corporate events;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Social package:
- Medical insurance and cancer insurance for employees and their family member including dental (wife/husband, children under 23 years old);
- Life insurance for employees only;
- Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues;
- Sick leave – 100% of salary, including full payment of maternity leave (140 days);
- Parental leave program up to 3 weeks for secondary care givers (fathers) with 100% pay;
- 3 additional vacation days per year;
- Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Russia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development;
- Fruits & snacks in the office;
- Relocation package in certain cases (if applicable).
Stages of our recruitment process:
- CV review;
- Tests (Math and Programming);
- 3 interviews (in case of successfully completed tests);
- 3 more interviews (in case of successfully completed previous stage interviews);
- Interview with WorldQuant Russia General Manager (in case of successfully completed previous stage interviews);
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Building algorithmic, computer-driven models;
- Conducting research on academic quantitative finance literature;
- Exploring new data;
- Applying a synergy of innovative methods in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Financial Economics.
- Relevant experience in Research / Software engineering (through employment or academic activities);
- Degree from a top university in a highly analytical/quantitative field, such as: Mathematics, Finance or Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar;
- Research mind-set: be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc.;
- Critical thinking and ability to come up with non-standard approaches;
- Solid programming skills (C++ and/or Python);
- Good knowledge of English (both oral and written);
- Strong work ethic.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- International or regional Mathematical/Programming/Physics Olympiad medals;
- Strong record of academic achievement (PhD, scientific publications, conference presentations, grants or awards);
- Knowledge of financial economics, including but not limited to portfolio theory, asset pricing, corporate finance, derivatives, etc.
Position based in Moscow and Saint-Petersburg.