Numerical Methods Engineer position
з/п не указана
The Department of Physics and Engineering of ITMO University is a creative synergy of honorary professors, ambitious scientists, and students. In a decade of joint work, we have grown from a small laboratory into a large international scientific center, where the most relevant scientific directions are developed, and educational programs are implemented.
We are looking for a Physics and Mathematics spesialist with Python / C ++ programming skills and a specialization in computational physics or numerical methods. The vacancy is aimed at prospective graduate students of the department.
- working with commercial packages and open source libraries;
- development of individual methods and code for modeling physical problems in the field of optics and solid-state physics, solved in terms of the theoretical division projects of the department;
- assistance to students, graduate students and researchers in creating and launching models both in commercial software and in codes of our own design;
- preparation of scientific publications and applications for grants and project reports;
- assistance in one of the training courses of the department.
- Higher education in physics, mathematical physics, or numerical methods;
- the ability to write effective code in Python or C ++;
- the ability to work with scientific literature in English and write texts in the field of research on Russian and English;
- a wish to develop and learn.
Nice to have:
- prior experience with the finite element method in challenges of wave propagation and diffraction;
- multiprogramming skills;
- prior experience with commercial packages in the field of modeling electromagnetic and transport phenomena (in particular, Comsol);
- scientific work in the field of computational physics, numerical methods, or mathematical physics.
- young and friendly team, charitable atmosphere;
- communication with recognized experts in the subject area, professional competence of colleagues, international collaborations;
- opportunity to suggest ideas and be heard;
- participation in international scientific conferences;
- work on high-tech modern laboratory equipment;
- corporate English for employees;
- work in the historical center of St. Petersburg;
- corporate events;
- opportunities for professional development and salary growth.
40 000-80 000 roubles
Lomonosova street, 9, Saint-Petersburg, Russia