Who are we?
ALM Works is an established software company that focuses on developing best-in-class applications to empower project managers. Our flagship product, Structure for Jira, is one of the most popular applications on the Atlassian Marketplace. We have the privilege of serving more than 4,000 customers, many of which are among most well-known companies in the world: NASA, Google, Adobe, Intel, Sony, Disney, Netflix, Toyota, Twitter - to name just a few.
We are a small company with proven success record and big plans. We are expanding our team of passionate, tenacious, and solution-driven individuals in Saint-Petersburg.
What is the job?
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to play a critical role in creating best-in-class software products for project management. You will build on the success of our existing products, and shape our new products and the future of our company.
You will be in direct contact with our customers around the world, both from the well-known big companies and small startups. You will work directly with our talented engineering and UI/UX teams. As a senior product manager, you'll contribute to the overall product management practices in the company and the way we do things.
We expect you to learn from us and us to learn from you.
In order to be successful in this position, you will need to have strong communication skills, ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely; fanatical attention to detail; analytical mindset, strong skills in working with data and metrics; creativity and the ability to think strategically.
This position does not involve people and project management.
What are the requirements?
- At least 5 years of experience in software
- At least 2 years of experience as a product manager, business analyst
- Excellent written and spoken English
- BS degree or equivalent
- Technical background, you will have to learn quickly complex concepts and tools
- Good understanding of traditional and agile project management practices
- Strong plus: experience of working in Atlassian ecosystem
- Strong plus: experience as a project manager in a software development or other IT team
What are the responsibilities?
- Implementing company's strategic direction by expanding existing and developing new products
- Owning a product's roadmap and backlog
- Understanding the pain points and problems of our users
- Achieving and retaining product-market fit
- Working with user feedback
- Conducting user interviews, other product management techniques that make sense for our products
- Knowing everything about our competitors and how to position our products in a unique way
- Defining and refining features, finding a solution to a user's problem and working out the details
- Working closely with the UI/UX team to create efficient and pixel-perfect user interfaces
- Mentoring and helping junior product managers
- Supporting business teams as a subject matter expert
- Collaborating with business leadership and product stakeholders
What do we offer?
- A highly collaborative culture based on honesty, respect, and kindness.
Working in a team of dedicated professionals
Ability to contribute to new products which will be used by thousands of people
Competitive salary (in the 90th percentile)
After 9 months: quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company
Productive and very informal working environment at the “Times” business center (м. Лесная, Петроградская) (*right now working remotely due to COVID-19)
Flexible schedule, paid sick/personal leaves
Opportunity to work full time remotely
Premium medical insurance
English lessons/fitness 50% reimbursement
Opportunity to communicate with customers around the world and present the projects to the public on the Internet and at trade shows and conferences
- Company paid trips to conferences, trade shows, and corporate retreats.
How to apply
Please send us your resume with a cover letter (in English) outlining your prior experience and a few suggestions of how you could apply it at ALM Works.