Who We Are
We work together with the teams of the US company Prosper, as one of the teams of this company. Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $14 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What You Will Do
As a member of a full stack engineering team, you will be implementing scalable, highly available, and secure micro-services with RESTful APIs and Web apps using Angular/React. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Our developers work as a self-managed SCRUM teams and commit to deliveries as a team. Technology versatility is a critical success factor for the developers. Being able to stretch beyond one’s specialty by learning new technologies fast and contributing to the team’s goal is highly valued. Prosper’s team culture encourages teamwork and development of well-rounded developers who have a holistic view of the problems and solution designs. Above all other factors, we are looking for smart, driven candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity as we develop and define the peer-to-peer lending marketplace!
What You Will Need To Have:
- 3+ years of experience in building backend systems.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful Micro-services.
- Must be able to design and build RESTful services from day one.
- Solid hands on experience with Java, Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, and Relational databases
- Android platform development is a plus
- Experience in mobile development is a BIG plus
- Bachelor degree
- Upper intermediate English
- Collaboration with teams in SF (some evening working time is expected)
We offer the following working conditions:
paid vacation, sick leave, and other benefits (corporate MacBook for each new employee, compensation for the gym, necessary training, etc.)
· at least until April 2021, the team works remotely due to the quarantine
· internal communications in English
· - not a startup
· the company has development offices in Saint Petersburg and Omsk
· participation in the development of a large product with a turnover of billions of dollars
· international team
· there is no bureaucracy from the word at all, we work on SCRUM
* flexible schedule - you can work in the office and at home (five-day 40-hour week - 2 days at home, 3 days in the office)
* comfortable fully equipped office with panoramic Windows on the Neva river
· business trips to the United States: to San Francisco and Silicon valley 2 times a year for 2 - 3 weeks to a partner (after the removal of quarantine measures, until 2020, everything was as it was)