At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Embedded SW Development Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Embedded SW engineer to contribute to the development of the software stack of Synopsys’ Embedded Vision processor family. The Synopsys Embedded Vision processors are heterogeneous multi-core systems that include vector DSP’s, DMA engines, and ML/AI accelerators. Typically, the EV processors are also integrated with a host processor. To control this complex multi-core environment, a distributed SW stack is required. The target markets for Synopsys EV processors are diverse and include safety critical applications such as automotive.
- Define, design, implement and debug SW components for Synopsys EV processors
- Work with both embedded and host-side development environments
- Implement technical solutions to solve complex problems
- Conduct performance analysis and optimize the system
- Provide feedback to HW and architecture team
- Good written and spoken English level
- Excellent cross platform C/C++ development skills
- Knowledge and experience with deep learning and Neural networks inference runtime software stacks
- OpenCL C programming skills
- Knowledge of computer architectures and RISC microarchitectures at the level described in Patterson & Hennessy or Harris & Harris textbooks
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- 5+ years of relevant Embedded SW development experience
- Experience with one or more vision standards, like OpenCV or OpenVX
- Practical experience with computer vision applications in automotive, surveillance, mobile or robotics domains
- Experience with multi-core systems
- Experience in programming computer vision and/or ML applications on optimized embedded vision processors or GPGPU
- Experience with embedded development and debugging on at least one microprocessor or DSP architecture in either C and Assembly languages
- Experience with ISO26262 and FuSa software development practices
- Experience with embedded Linux.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.