Intermedia is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), business cloud email and productivity applications provider hyper-focused on delivering easy-to-use and secure communication and collaboration solutions to businesses and the partners that serve them. More than 125,000 business customers and 6,600 active partners rely on Intermedia’s tightly integrated suite of cloud applications that are managed through one intuitive point of control and are backed by 99.999% uptime SLAs and J.D. Power-certified 24/7 technical support. Solutions include the all-in-one cloud communications and collaboration platform Intermedia UniteTM, Intermedia Contact Center, web and video conferencing, file sharing & backup, business email, security, archiving, and more.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Intermedia has over 1000 employees across the world, with more than 350 based in St. Petersburg.
As a member of the Global Linux System Administration team you will be responsible for day to day maintenance and administration of various Linux environments and the Linux servers with the primary goal of ensuring the highest uptime and availability possible.
- Administer, configure and deploy various Services based on Linux systems
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools as well as respond to monitoring counters which are out of bounds
- Resolve customer facing issues
- Automation: ability to program in scripting languages: Ruby/Python/Bash in order to automate system administration tasks and improve efficiency within the team
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues quickly and completely
- Ability to be adaptable and comfortable with re-prioritizing current workload at a moment’s notice
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Must be customer- and result-oriented
configuration management tool: Chef ( preferred ) Puppet or Ansible or Salt
monitoring tools: Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus
container-orchestration system for automating deployment: Kubernetes
various software: ClickHouse, Collectd, Graphite stack, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Redis, Postfix, MySQL, Postgres, HaProxy, Nginx, Apache
- Experience in designing and maintaining highly available systems leveraging solutions such as clustering and load balanced server farms
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
Years of Experience & Educational requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
More than 3 years of previous experience administering complex and distributed Linux environments.
- Saint-Petersburg office, the technology capital of the company, was founded in 2000 and is located close to the "Alexandra Nevskogo Square" metro station.
- You will find: good salary, flexible schedule, social guaranties, open and friendly atmosphere, highly professional team, interesting tasks.