Oracle VM VirtualBox is a leading desktop virtualization product for x86 and AMD64/Intel64 processors, spanning a wide range of applications ranging from enterprise to home use. It is used as a standalone product or as a component of other products, offering to run a wide variety of operating systems in a virtual machine on popular host operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS and Solaris). As one of Oracle's most widely visible products it is vital to stay on top of the trends. The international team covers all aspects of product development, from design and implementation to sustaining. The Senior Software Developer (m/f) will design, implement, adapt and test various functionality, host and guest operating systems related code which makes complex operations available to client code using a simple interfaces. Also one of the core responsibility of this position is to develop and extend automated testing system, make sure build and test infrastructure is up and running, perform manual test cycles.
This needs understanding the key abstractions used in virtualization, especially storage abstraction, device emulation, virtual machine management and product integration, to expand the product functionality.
He/she should have the following specific experience and qualification:
• Good knowledge in python and bash programming
• Good C/C++ programming skills as a big plus
• Knowledge in system administration basics
• Analytical approach to problem solving, with diligence and precision, creating code with resilient error handling behavior
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member in an efficient manner
• Debugging code which operates on complex structures efficiently
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good English skills, both written and verbal.
The following would be an advantage:
• Cross-platform programming/usage experience, using as many of the following operating systems as possible: Windows, Linux, macOS and Solaris
• Experience with guest operating system integration. This area of product development is covering a broad area of product functionality, and there will be a large amount of variety in the tasks.