WHO WE ARE:
We are a rapidly growing technology company of dedicated professionals striving to make a difference in the world of data security. Our platform, Netwrix Auditor, empowers organizations to minimize the risk of data breaches and ensure regulatory compliance by proactively reducing the exposure of sensitive data and promptly detecting policy violations and suspicious user behavior.
The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, and has regional offices in the U.S. (Ohio), the UK, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, the Czech Republic, India, Singapore and Russia (St. Petersburg).
The Russian branch of Netwrix Corporation continues to evolve and is looking for a Technical writer.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English. We may also ask you to provide a link to your portfolio or work examples.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A technical writer who is passionate about content design and strongly believes that user needs come first.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for Netwrix solutions: online help, user and administrator guides, API references, Knowledge Base articles, and others.
- Take part in the product UI/UX design process as a microcopy/UX writer. Review all microcopy, including dialog names, labels, error messages, events and other resource texts.
- Create guides for integration add-ons and other free solutions developed by Netwrix.
- Prepare illustrations: create screenshots and architecture diagrams.
- Assist in translating R&D internal documents into English, in creating project glossaries.
- Participate in several major releases per year and periodic minor releases and updates. Currently, we maintain HTML5-based online help center and plenty of PDF manuals published on the release date.
- Communicate closely with the development teams, QC, product management, UX, design and product marketing teams, support team. You will attend meetings and demos, arrange interviews with SMEs, attend phone calls with the colleagues from other European offices.
- Organize your own daily routine: analyze the requirements stated in the product management documents, plan, create and manage related tasks in TFS, keeping them on track.
- Work in a team of three people. The TechCom department is small; most responsibilities are interchangeable.
WE EXPECT THAT YOU:
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English: we create our documentation and microcopy in English; one of our development teams is based in the UK.
- Can analyze, understand and advocate for the needs and expectations of the target audiences.
- Can collect information from various sources, analyze your findings and organize content in a structured, coherent manner.
- Can translate complicated technical concepts into user-friendly texts.
- Are a team player and a self-motivated quick learner, ready to explore new technologies and solutions.
- Are comfortable working on a tight schedule.
- Can ensure the documentation complies with the industry standards and company guidelines (we follow Microsoft Style Guide and also maintain our own guide).
YOU WILL BE A PERFECT MATCH IF YOU:
- Have experience working as a technical writer for software/technology company. If not, we expect that you have relevant background and passion for content creation and management.
- Have good understanding of CSS, HTML and XML.
- Have a hands-on experience with MadCap Flare or any similar tool.
- Have experience in documenting API.
- Have technical knowledge of any of these: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Office 365, Azure AD, VMware vSphere, SharePoint, file storage systems (Dell EMC, NetApp), SQL Server, Oracle Database.
WHAT WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with bug tracking and version control systems (we are using TFS).
- Experience with CAT tools.
- Experience with any UI prototyping tools.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Office in a modern business center right next to “Staraya Derevnya” subway station;
- Employment according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Upbeat working environment;
- Challenging projects and a variety of tasks;
- Flexible working hours and relaxed dress-code;
- Extended medical insurance (including dental coverage and travel insurance);
- Fitness compensation and company-paid sports activities (football, volleyball);
- Free corporate English classes;
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion;
- Opportunity to travel for professional conferences and workshops (including foreign countries);
- Office library with professional literature;
- Awesome corporate events;
- Lounge zone with kicker and ping-pong;
- Well-equipped kitchen (coffee, tea, cookies and fruit). :)