We are looking for a full-stack web developer who will be a part of a team in charge of Kotlin websites. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for improving the websites we have built in Kotlin and launching new web products that you create in the language. You will demonstrate the full-stack software development capabilities of Kotlin and set examples to help other developers and engineers realize the potential of Kotlin for their own web development. You have the unique opportunity to work directly with developers who created the language and pioneer, discover, and explore new exciting ways to use Kotlin.
You will need a relentless passion for web application development. It is not a necessity to have used Kotlin, though experience using a typed programming language such as TypeScript would be helpful to your role.
You will join a motivated team of professionals, which in the last year have successfully helped Kotlin become a first-class language explicitly recommended by Google for Android development, win the prestigious OSCON Breakthrough of the Year award, and be voted the most-loved language in multiple worldwide large-scale community surveys such as the GitHub Octoverse and StackOverflow Developer Survey. Join us to be a part of this and help us achieve even more.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve Kotlin web sites as a part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Web software development experience, preferably full-stack, in one or more general-purpose programming languages, familiarity with web development.
- Either hands-on programming experience with Kotlin language or strong motivation to study it for full-stack web development.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English, good command of Russian.
Part of the JetBrains family, Kotlin is a modern multiplatform programming language known for its concise syntax and pragmatic design. Kotlin provides ample opportunities for code-sharing and code-reuse between multiple projects on multiple platforms, as well as concurrent programming and productive development. Our aim is to make Kotlin one of the most used programming languages.
At JetBrains, code is our passion. For over 15 years, we’ve been striving to make the strongest, most effective developer tools. By automating routine checks and corrections, our tools speed up coding and software development, freeing you to grow, discover, and create.