Lead Devops/SRE engineer
з/п не указана
About the company:
ClearScale delivers best-of-breed cloud systems integration, application development, and managed services. We are experts in utilizing proven cloud technologies and are on the cutting edge of integrating emerging cloud technologies into our practice.
ClearScale holds a prestigious Premier AWS Consulting partner status (about 50 partners in North America out of 15,000+, top 2% tier). We have 7 competencies (DevOps, Data & Analytics, IoT, HealthCare, Migration, Mobile, and Nonprofit) and over 80+ AWS certifications. Unlike many partners, we are committed to AWS platform exclusively which makes our consulting team most experienced and knowledgeable about AWS products and solutions in North America.
Our company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, the heart of the Silicon Valley, with offices in New York, Denver, Phoenix, Toronto, Novosibirsk.
About the role
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Systems team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero downtime of services hosted by Systems team. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
Now we are looking for Lead Devops engineer who will help our engineers in realising complex projects and make their work the most efficient.
Lead and develop global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skill set
Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure
Agreement of business requirements with the customers
Identification and description of the affected business processes
Keep the team aligned with the business priorities
Manage the team’s backlog, the daily activities, project status
Project Documentation (Diagrams, Architecture Design, Instructions, Handover documents)
Communications with our customers in English (emails, slack chat, work sessions)
Support risk assessment, cost and timing, dependence and impact on other solutions / projects
This position will report to CEO/CTO, Director of Systems admin and PMs.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in implementing/leading DevOps activities.
- Knowledge of professional DevOps practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, CI/CD, and installation.
- AWS Ops experience is a must. We are looking for a minimum of 1 year
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Linux Server support (3-5 years)
- Production infrastructure support (3-5 years)
- Web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, HAProxy, MySQL and others (3-5 years)
- High level of expertise with key AWS services
Must Have: EC2, IAM, S3, ELB/ALB, CloudWatch, VPC and Networking, RDS, CloudFront, Deployment Tools.
Good to have: ECS, EMR, SQS, API GW, SSM, others
- Scripting: bash, awk, Ruby, Python and/or other programming skills
- Automation and Configuration: Jenkins, Docker, Packer, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible and other automation tools
Optional: Puppet, Chef
- Build: Jenkins
Optional: TeamCity, CircleCI
- Monitoring: ELK, CloudWatch
- Databases: MySQL, AWS RDS. Optional: Dynamo, PostgresQL, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
Note: Please provide your CV in English
Desired Technical Certifications (not must):
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – (Associate)
- AWS Certified Developer – (Associate)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You'd like to work remotely with a flexible schedule
- You thrive in a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You enjoy finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team