Containerships Group is a door-to-door short sea carrier providing regular services linking key industrial and retail customers in Finland, Russia, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, the Baltic States and Western Europe via ports in the Baltic, North Sea and UK areas.
Containerships Group is a Finland based joint venture between Finnish Container Finance Ltd Oy and The Icelandic transportation company Eimskip. The Containerships Group has headquarter in Helsinki and operates 11 vessels in the Baltic Sea region with frequent sailing schedules serving major ports in Finland (Helsinki), Russia (St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad), Scandinavia (Aarhus, Denmark), the Baltic States (Klaipeda, Liepaja), Poland (Gdansk) and western Europe (including. Hamburg, Bremerhaven, Rotterdam, Teesport and Immingham).
All stages of the transport are supported by a modern IT- system so that seamless control of your shipment is kept throughout the entire movement.
After the acquisition of Contaz Maritime & Trade S.A. in March 2009, the Containerships Group shows the following outline:
- 500 employees
- 17 offices in 14 countries around Europe
- Yearly volumes handled 2008: 226.000 TEU (+15%)
- 16 container vessels in operations
- Capacity ranging from 750 to 1.000 TEU in North Europe
- 1A-ice classed vessels
- Capacity ranging from 250 to 875 TEU in East Mediterranean
- Over 14.000 own containers including 45. pallet-wide, curtain-sider, reefer as well as open-top and flat-rack.
- Own truck fleet
- Quality certificate ISO 9001:2000
- EDI connection possibilities